Friday, September 27, 2013

My Husband Can't Lie

My husband can't lie. He is terrible at it. I mean really bad at it. It isn't in his nature to think of something devious even if it will help him. He once admitted to a ref "yes sir I did kick that guy in the head" got him suspended for a game. Damn man.
When we were getting ready to move from Phoenix to Denver the hubs was the one who was in Denver searching for rental places. I had a couple of school systems that were acceptable but that was the only direction I gave. OH and a big tub, I needed a good school system and a big tub.

He found a beautiful house near some of his college friends that were already in Denver. It met all the requirements and was nearly a brand new house.
"Yes please get that house", I frantically e-mailed him back. "It is PERFECT". Vision's of relaxing evenings on the back porch watching the kids play followed by long soaks in the giant tub floating through my head!

He called me later and advised we couldn't rent that house. I didn't understand because our credit was great and we had all the down payment money ready to hand over. I asked him why.

"Because we have a german shepherd."
I was so angry, Beau our white german shepherd doesn't even look like a german shepherd to most people. I asked why hadn't he just fibbed and said he was a mixed breed, they wouldn't know. I mean it isn't like he is papered or anything.

"I don't lie Kitty."

Damn man and his morals.

He found a house.....ah this house. It has three floors and has a poor lay out. The basement floods when it rains and there are three yards to take care of. I could live with all of that but there is only a tiny tub.

I was angry when we moved in. Climbing those stairs with a baby and laundry was and is ridiculous!

Then I met the women I now call friends. Some through Hal's school and some through Mom's club of Aurora. I cherish them and have had so many great life experiences because of them in just the short 1.5 years we have lived here.

 Had we gotten the first house I am sure I would have made friends and good ones. I am pretty likeable and only slightly vain.

Had we gotten the first house I can almost guarentee I wouldn't have run a 5k, or a triathlon, or discovered painting is fun and I am half way decent at it. I wouldn't have discovered that women make amazing friends when you find the right ones.

My mother used to tell me that your college friends are the ones that you will have forever. When I came out of college I didn't have many friends that I still talked to. I spent the 10 years after college cycling through friendships and learning how to be a friend. I was REALLY bad at it. I formally apologize to anyone I was friends with from the ages 10-30.

I speak a lot about how friendship is an amazing part of my life and it can get old but I am so overcome with the friendships I am making at an older age.

Thanks for those of you who stuck it out and are still friends with me through it all. You lot are few and far between but responsible for helping me learn what it meant to be a good friend. Thanks to those of you who are new to my life and teaching me so many wonderful things.

Most of all thanks to my husband and his damn morals.




1 comment: